Missed bin collection
Major service disruptions e.g. due to bad weather/fuel shortages, will be communicated on our summary information page http:/www.flintshire.gov.uk/WinterConditions
Missed collections - Before reporting a problem, have you:
- Placed your bin out by 7am on the morning of your collection at the kerbside (where your property/drive meets the pavement/road)? (Place it out the night before if necessary and safe.) Please note: This does not apply to residents who receive an Assisted Collection.
- Put the correct bin/container out on the correct day? Please note: This does not apply to residents who receive an Assisted Collection.
- Sorted the materials into the correct containers.
- Avoided lining food caddies with plastic or non-flintshire biobags – this contaminates the load? Order more biobag and use newspaper as a temporary measure.
- Checked your bin isn’t too heavy and the lid is closed properly? This avoids injuries to our collection crew.
- Avoided jamming waste into your wheeled bin?
- Ensured there is no side waste? We normally place this into your emptied black bin for your next collection. Households of 6 or more occupants can request a larger black bin.
If you answer no to any of the above you cannot report a missed collection.
In most cases our operatives will normally provide a notice explaining the reason for non-collection and record it using the vehicles camera or recording device. You will need to rectify the problem and place your containers out on the next scheduled date.
If you answer yes to all the above please use the links below after 4pm – as vehicles may return later if they need emptying or experience mechanical problems.
As from July 2017 we will no longer return for any reported missed recycling collections. Your report will still be noted against your address for future reference. If your recycling is not collected you can either:
• Place it out on your next scheduled collection day or
• Take it to your nearest Household Recycling Centre or recycling bring site
Please note: Garden waste collection is now a chargeable service. If you would like us to continue to collect your garden waste bin for an annual charge, information about the service and how to subscribe can be found on our website at www.flintshire.gov.uk/gardenwaste
To raise a missed garden waste collection please contact Streetscene by calling 01352 701234 (Monday to Friday between 8:30 and 17:00)
Report a black bin missed collection
What happens next?
If we have genuinely missed your collection we will endeavour to return and collect within 24 hours of notification.