1. To register for the AHP Nappy Collection service, the person or persons requiring the service must reside at the given address on a permanent basis.
2. The AHP / Nappy Collection service is not available to households looking after children or adults for temporary or regular visits. This includes homes where AHP / nappy users are only visiting family or friends, and is not their main residential address.
3. As part of the AHP / Nappy Collection service, we will collect:
- Disposable nappies and nappy sacks
- Incontinence care products, eg; single-use liners, bed and chair pads & absorbent bed sheets
- Wipes and paper tissues
- Plastic gloves and disposable aprons
- Colostomy /stoma and catheter bags
4. We will collect your AHP every week.
5. AHP / Nappies must be presented in the orange bags provided, which should be placed inside the orange box with the lid firmly closed. For collection, the box should be placed where you would normally present your recycling containers, on your designated AHP/ Nappy Collection day ( this may differ from the usual recycling & waste collection day)
6. AHP / Nappies will not be collected unless they are presented in the container and bags issued by the Authority
7. We will not collect sanitary waste or feminine hygiene products, such as sanitary towels, tampons or liners as part of the AHP service. You should continue to place these in your black bin (non-recyclable waste) ensuring that they are securely bagged before disposal
8. If you receive assisted collections, we will collect your AHP / nappies from within the boundary of your property where waste and recycling is routinely presented for collection.
9. Your subscription will last for two years from the day you register. We will notify you when your subscription is coming to an end so that you may consider whether you need to continue receiving this service. If you need to continue the service after this time, you will need to re-register.
10. If you do not use the AHP service for six consecutive collections, we will cancel your subscription and you will need to re-register. Please inform us if you need to suspend your AHP collections at any time.
11. Flintshire County Council reserve the right to suspend or terminate collection for any household registered for an AHP/ nappy collection, due to the following:
- The service is being used to dispose of non-AHP materials
- The box is presented with the contents not bagged and secured
- The box is not cleansed regularly and presents a health hazard to the collection operatives
- Any other eventuality that constitutes a health hazard to crew, pedestrians or neighbours
- Abuse to FCC collection crews