Accessibility Statement for Flintshire County Council
Flintshire County Council is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Flintshire.gov.uk is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Images of text are only used for decorative purposes. Re-authentication after a session expires does not cause loss of data.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Flintshire.gov.uk. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Flintshire.gov.uk is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Edge, IE11.
- Tablet Accessible. Examples include Kindle (Silk Browser), Apple iPad, Android and Windows tablets.
- Mobile Device Accessible.
Flintshire.gov.uk is not compatible with:
- Browsers older than 3 major versions or Mobile operating systems older than 5 years.
- Older versions of IE (IE10, 9, 8, 7) are not recommended for Security and Accessibility Reasons.
Accessibility of Flintshire.gov.uk relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Flintshire.gov.uk, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Flintshire.gov.uk:
- PDF colour contrast issues: Some PDF's may have some colour contrast issues, such as scanned in images. In some instances we may not have access to the original document to alter the colour contrast. Also we cannot change the colour contrast on certain PDF's such as scanned in images of documents. We are changing colour contrast issues where we can, and also trying to trace the original documents. Please contact us if you do encounter an issue.
- Images: Uploaded images may not have text alternatives because some images are used for decorative purposes only and do not provide any information to the website users. We monitor emails and website feedback for any issues with the website. Please contact us if you do encounter an issue.
- The following PDF's are currently not wcag 2.1 compliant due to templates out of our control.
- Welsh in Education Strategic Plan 2022-2032
Current Accessibility Conformance Reports are available upon request.
This statement was created on 28 September 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.