Alert Section

Alternative Housing Options

There are a range of alternative housing options to consider depending on your circumstances;

- Affordable ownership schemes
- Intermediate rent schemes
- Private renting
- Schemes to help people move out of the district
- Home improvement schemes or adaptation services which enable people to stay in their existing home
- Supported housing or support at home
- Sheltered housing or extra care housing

Please see below for further information regarding different options you might like to explore;

Existing Council and Housing Association tenants who want to move can apply for an exchange or transfer.

You can use the Homeswapper website to find a suitable exchange either in Flintshire or elsewhere.


Tai Teg provides different options regarding affordable housing, including properties that are for sale or for rent. Tai Teg manage the affordable/intermediate housing register. 

For more information about current eligibility criteria and to apply, please visit Tai Teg - Am I Eligible to Apply