Alert Section

Building Control

Find out if you need permission, make an application, or find answers to frequently asked questions


The Development Management, Highways Development Control and Building Control Services will all be working remotely for the foreseeable future. This will have some impact on service delivery.

Newly submitted applications of any kind will experience a delay in registration.

This is likely to be up to 3 weeks or more.

All services will endeavour to progress existing work.

If you have a query please try and submit this via email directly to the officer. If you do not know the officer’s email address please use the following address: For planning matters email, for building regulations email and for highway development email

Building Control

An introduction to Building Regulations and approved documents

Street Naming and Numbering

From 1st April 2017, it is the intention of Flintshire County Council to charge for their street naming and numbering service.

Do I need building regulation approval?

Find out if you need permission for your proposed works

Making an application - Full Plans or Building Notice

Application forms, fees and what to submit with your application

Arranging an inspection

Arrange an inspection of your works or find out what stages need inspecting

Retrospective approval

Apply for approval of works carried out without permission (a regularisation certificate)

Frequently asked questions - building control

Find answers to frequently asked questions about building control