Occupational Therapy

The Occupational Therapy service in Flintshire is available to anyone who has significant ongoing health conditions which affect themselves and their families when carrying out their everyday lives in their homes and communities. As a profession, they have a belief that 'occupation' is fundamental to people's health and wellbeing. Therefore, supporting people to carry out their roles and meaningful activities underpins occupational therapy practice (Royal College of Occupational Therapists, 2017).

In line with the Social Services and Wellbeing Act (Wales) 2014 and the Occupational Therapy Code of Conduct (2016), the service aims to support people to overcome their barriers and build on their strengths, providing the necessary levels of information and advice to support them to meet their outcomes. Where specialist intervention is required, the team are able to provide Moving and handling guidance plans, Housing reports and access routes to equipment and adaptations where these are the optimal solution.

They work in partnership with people in the community and other professionals, to provide their expertise in contributing to person centred solutions being identified.