Help for Carers
If you are looking after someone who is unable to look after themselves because of illness, disability or the effects of ageing and you are providing substantial unpaid care to that person, then you are a Carer.
Services to support you in your caring role include:
- Providing advice and information
- Directing you to voluntary organisations that provide grants and support for carers
- Assistance with gardening, cleaning or purchase of equipment
- Providing a break from caring
- Re-assessing the support provided to the person you care for to ensure your own assessed needs are met
Whilst some services can be arranged directly with a voluntary organisation, many are provided following a Carer Needs Assessment which helps to identify what your needs are and what services can be provided to support you.
Essential Carer Guide
Direct Payments for Carers Information Leaflet