Bulky item / furniture collection
If you have bulky items to dispose of you can book a bulky waste collection through our Contact Centre on 01352 701234
Please do not request a collection if you or anyone you are living with has symtoms of COVID-19 or where you have been asked to self-isolate by a contact tracer. Stay at home and self-isolate. Anyone displaying symptoms should book a test immediately even if symptoms are mild. Do not leave your house until you receive the results of your test. If your test is positive you must continue to self-isolate for the number of days specified in government regulations
Local charity Refurbs Flintshire (01352 734111) can collect re-usable furniture and electrical items from your doorstep for free. Alternatively, advertise them on your local Freecycle / Freegle website.
If you can transport and handle larger items of waste yourself, a range of items can be disposed of free of charge at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre including wood, rubble, soil, asbestos and hazardous waste.
However, restrictions are currently in place at Household Recycling Centres to help keep everyone safe. These restrictions will remain in place until such time as Government advice and guidance changes.
To comply with physical distancing regulations, only one person is allowed out of a vehicle when on site and employees are unable assist you with your waste. Please only take items you can safely carry yourself. .
List of items we can collect
Fridges and fridge freezers are removed free of charge from all homes - call 01352 701234 to arrange a collection.
We cannot collect items not on the list but you can take most items to the Household Waste Recycling Centre.
CHARGE FOR UP TO 5 ITEMS = £40.00
CHARGE FOR EACH EXTRA ITEM = £5.00
Maximum number of additional items is 5 (i.e. charges capped at £65.00 for a transaction with 10 items in total)
If you are in receipt of certain benefits - for example Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based), Employment & Support Allowance (Income Related), Disability Living Allowance (DLA) / P.I.P, State Pension or Guaranteed Pension Credits - the following discounted charges for bulk collections will apply on proof of benefit being provided:
CHARGE FOR UP TO 5 ITEMS = £20.00
CHARGE FOR EACH EXTRA ITEM = £5.00
Maximum number of additional items is 5 (i.e. charges capped at £45.00 for a transaction with 10 items in total). Only two collections allowed per year at the discounted rate.
You will need to provide us with your benefit/pension details if you qualify for a discounted collection.
Call 01352 701234 to pay by credit/debit card.
Post a cheque made payable to 'Flintshire County Council' together with a list of items for collection, your name, address and copies of benefit/pension details to Streetscene Services, County Hall, Mold, Flintshire CH7 6NF.
Visit your nearest Flintshire Connects Office: Buckley / Holywell / Flint / Connah's Quay / Mold.
We accept payment by cash, debit card or credit card.
We aim to collect your items within six working days, however this may take longer due to current restrictions.
- The items must be placed outside the property but within your boundary (e.g. front garden/drive) from the time your collection has been agreed.
- Don't leave items on the footpath or road as this could lead to prosecution for fly tipping.
- We cannot enter your home to assist with preparation or removal.
- The collection vehicle must be able to park on your road, and not be blocked by other vehicles or obstructions.
- The collection point for properties with difficult access e.g. flats, will be agreed with us before collection.
- We will only collect items you have pre-booked
- We may refuse to collect any items that could impact the safety or health of our collection staff.
- Please cover items likely to soak up rainwater.
- We aim to collect your items within six working days.
- We will try to reuse or recycle as much of your waste as possible.