When you accept a tenancy with a council property you will be issued with a tenancy agreement, the tenancy agreement sets out both your obligations as a tenant and those of Flintshire County Council as a landlord. This agreement is a legally binding contract between yourself and Flintshire County Council.
Rent and other Charges
Your rent is used to pay for the housing services you receive. It is important that everyone pays their rent regularly and on time so that so that we can afford to provide high quality services. This section tells you about your obligations to pay your rent.
1. If we collect the gas charge, electricity charge, tenancy support charges, water and sewerage charges, septic tank charge, contents insurance, or the concessionary TV licence and other services as part of your total rent we will pay them to the appropriate organisations.
2. We will give you at least 4 weeks notice in writing if we increase or decrease the rent.
3. We may increase or decrease other changes which are included in the rent with less notice than four weeks.
4. You will be told in writing at least one week before any change to these charges.
5. We will provide you with an up to date rent statement four times a year and when ever you ask for one.
6. You may also be required to pay service charges. These are charges which are not covered by rent. Examples of services that may be covered are cleaning of communal areas, gardening and other services in communal areas. If there is a service charge it will be identified clearly on the tenancy details form.
1. You must pay your rent and any other charges regularly and on time, Rent is due weekly in advance on a monday.
2. Your rent may include charges for gas, electricity, water and sewerage, septic tank, contents insurance, or the concessionary TV licence and other service, if it does not you must pay for them directly.
3. You agree that, if support services are included as a condition of occupancy, you will accept, pay for and make use of the agreed support services provided by us on your behalf.
4. You must pay any rent arrears due in accordance with any agreement entered into with us. This also applies to any arrears accrued from a previous tenancy you have held with us.
For all other terms and conditions please see our Neighbourhood Housing