Welfare Reform Team
Do You Need Advice and Support?
In response to the latest challenges faced by many residents of Flintshire, the Welfare Reform Team have introduced a responsive service to help you to improve your financial resilience.
If you feel that you, or someone you know would benefit from our support then please contact the team on 01352 704848 or email: email@example.com
Ask yourself these questions and if the answer is yes to at least one of them we can offer support:
- Are you struggling to keep up with your bills?
- Are you on zero hours?
- Are you facing redundancy?
- Has your income reduced?
The dedicated team can help to:
- Re-align finances
- Help you to access short term support
- Assist you with navigating available benefits
- Help you access additional support
If you would like our help, contact the team on 01352 704848 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Flintshire County Council’s Welfare Reform Team can also help customers who are affected by the following Welfare Reform changes:
- Universal Credit
- Under Occupancy (bedroom tax)
- Local Housing Allowance restrictions
- Benefit Cap
Our aim is to support, promote and help you to become financially independent. If you are finding it difficult to manage your rent payments or are struggling to budget for bills and would like to know more about your options, we can help you in the following ways:
- We can offer advice and support with budgeting. If you would like to arrange an appointment, please complete a Welfare Support Form or contact the Welfare Reform team on 01352 704848 or email email@example.com
- We accept referrals from partner organisations, if you would like to arrange an appointment on behalf of someone, please complete a Welfare Support Form.
- We can complete emergency type applications (depending upon individual circumstances). For more information follow this link: Discretionary Assistance Fund
- Signpost for specialist advice or support which may include barriers to employment, childcare, debt advice, etc.
- Struggling to pay your rent?
- Finding it hard to manage your money?
- Affected by Welfare Reform changes?
- Need information about other help available?
The Welfare Reform Team may be able to help, contact us on 01352 704848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Welfare Support aims to help customers who need advice about managing money and paying bills on time.
Support is provided on an appointment-based arrangement at local offices and community hubs within Flintshire. We are currently at Rivertown Church, Shotton on Wednesdays 9-12:30pm.
Discretionary Housing Payments
Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs) are payments that may be made by the Council to people that are receiving Housing Benefit or Universal Credit (Housing Element), but who may still need further financial help with their housing costs.
For further information about Discretionary Housing Payments and to view the Policy please click on the following links:
If you have made a recent application for Universal Credit and are awaiting your first payment, further information is available via the following link:
You can receive support at any time once your claim for Universal Credit has been made. Please complete a Budgeting Support Form if you need help with budgeting.
If you have any further queries, contact the Welfare Reform Response Team on 01352 704848 or email: email@example.com
Healthy Start Vouchers
Healthy Start vouchers help low-income pregnant women and parents buy fruit, vegetables, milk and infant formula. Every child deserves a healthy start in life, which is why Sustain is leading the call of 26 national health bodies and charities asking the Government to make sure no one misses out. More information is available via the following link: