Alert Section

Potholes, pavement & road defects

Many defects on the roads, footways, verges, cycleways, drainage, town centres, and bridges (whether over or under highways) are picked up during our regular inspection.  However, if you do spot a problem you can report it below.

Contact Streetscene on 01352 701234.

Report a problem

Frequently asked questions

Permission to drop a kerb or widen a driveway?
Please visit the Vehicular Crossing page.

My car has been damaged by a pothole, can I claim? I have fallen or tripped on the pavement, can I claim?
In order to make a claim, you must provide us with details of the exact location, date and time of the accident.  Copies of any photographs of the defect and the surrounding area, to help us to identify the location, are also helpful.  Your claim must be made in writing and should be sent to:


or by post to:

Insurance Section
Flintshire County Council
County Hall

Once the defect has been positively identified, your details, along with our records of inspections, maintenance, complaints and any accidents at the location for the previous 12 months, will be passed to the Council's insurers.