The Authority will ensure:-
The provision of a mid-day meal in all primary and special schools with a choice of course wherever possible.
The provision of a mid-day meal in all secondary schools on a cafeteria basis with an individual pricing system.
Free school meals will be provided for pupils whose parents receive:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and their annual income does not exceed £16,190
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit or Universal credit. (If earned income is included in the assessment of UC it must be less than £616.66).
Half term payment for Free school meals
If you have not received a payment by the end of the week it may be the case that we do not hold your bank details. Please complete the free school meals application located in the link below;
Payment of Free School meals for years 9 to 13
Welsh Government recently announced that for the week immediately after October half term, for those pupils that have to stay at home due to the firebreak in years 9 to 13, parents will be paid £19.50 in lieu of Free School Meals.
Payment will be made automatically to the bank details held on record. There is no requirement for parents to contact us to get this payment.
Free school milk is provided for primary school children from the ages of 3 to 6 years old in those schools which elect to join the Welsh Assembly Government funded schemes.
Details of the scheme are available from the Headteacher of the school your child attends.
Facilities will be made available at all primary and secondary schools for children who wish to bring their own mid-day meal.
Please apply using the online form below. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01352 704848.
Please note, this form is compatible with Internet Explorer and Safari, however you may experience issues when using other browsers.
Apply - Free School Meals
Please note the annual income amount received is reviewed around Feb/March every year.