Alert Section

Common land and village green register

The Common Land and Town and Village Green Register is kept by the Council pursuant to the Commons Registration Act, 1965. It consists of plans showing the location of the common land and town and village greens and a written register showing owners details (if known) and any rights registered over the land.

What information is available from a common search?

The Land Charges Section carry out searches of the Common Land and Town and Village Green Register for people who want to know whether their property is on or adjacent to common land or a town and village green.

How do I request a search?

To carry out a search of the Commons Register, please complete form CON29O, available from solicitors’ offices or law stationers, and tick question 22. The fee for this question is £15.08 and can be paid by cheque, made payable to ‘Flintshire County Council’. The application can be submitted through the post, DX (a mail facility used by solicitors) or online via the National Land Information Service (NLIS) hub, where payment will then be made by Bacs. For further information on NLIS or to submit an application online, visit the NLIS website (new window).

What happens next?

We aim to despatch the results within 10 working days of receipt.

Can I view information about common land in person?

For general enquiries about common land or for an appointment to inspect the Common Land and Town and Village Green Maps and Register, please contact the Council’s Conveyancing Section in the Finance, Legal and Democratic Services Department on 01352 702312.

Further information

For enquiries regarding commons and town and village green searches please contact the Land Charges Section on 01352 702333/4/5. Email:

Our postal address is: Land Charges, Flintshire County Council, County Hall, Mold, CH7 6NR