It is now time for us to review our Strategic Equality Objectives. See our consultation below.
The Equality Act 2010 introduces a new general duty on the public sector to replace the previous duties on disability, gender and race. The general duty requires a public authority to:·
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited under the Act;
- Advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it; and
- Foster good relations between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it.
The protected characteristics are age; disability; gender re-assignment; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity; race; religion or belief (including non-belief); sex; sexual orientation.
We have worked with other public bodies across North Wales and worked with local stakeholders to identify objectives. Our objectives are based on the following:-
- Personal Safety
- Representation and Voice
- Access to information, services and environment
Please refer to our useful documents and websites which set out further information relating to our objectives and Strategic Equality Plan.
Strategic Equality Plan - British Sign Language version
Strategic equality objectives 2020 to 2024
We are reviewing our Strategic Equality Objectives and need your views on what objectives we should include in our organisational Strategic Equality Plans for 2020-24.
The current objectives are included below for your comments and suggestions. We have based these on the Welsh Government’s draft equality objectives and the Equality and Human Rights Commission’s research Is Wales Fairer 2018. Your contribution to our equality and human rights work is valued. We hope you will take a few minutes to complete the on-line questionnaire, you can also submit the attached questionnaire and returnby post to:-
Stephanie Aldridge Corporate Business and Communications Support Officer or e-mail to: Stephanie.email@example.com
Please respond by 31.12.19
• Reduce inequalities in Education
• We will ensure we are a fair employer and reduce pay gaps
• Reduce health inequalities
• Improve the Living Standards of people with different protected characteristics
• Increase access to participation
• Protecting people from poverty