Garden Waste Collections
Flintshire County Council will collect garden waste over a two week period only - starting on Monday 11 May - as an interim service.
Our scheduled garden waste collection service was suspended so that all available crews could concentrate on collecting black bins, food waste and recycling as normal. .
There is strong public demand for some resumption of service. We will be collecting garden waste for the two week period between Monday, 11 May to Saturday, 23 May for all households that:
• have already subscribed for the 2020 season- and have a yellow tag attached to their brown bin;
• have subscribed for the service last year - and have a 2019 sticker displayed on their brown bin.
If you have already paid and subscribed for the 2020 collection service, and not yet received your tag, please attach your payment reference to your brown bin.
Further sales of the garden waste permits for the 2020 season are currently suspended.
Garden waste is usually collected on the same day as recycling and food waste and alternate weeks to black bin collections. Please check your calendar or our website (flintshire.gov.uk/checkyourbinday) for your collection day. We ask that:
• your brown bin is out by 7.00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day;
• your brown bin only contains garden waste;
• no side waste is left out;
• you clean the handles of your bin before and after collection;
• you wash your hands before and after touching your bin.
No missed collection service for brown bins will be provided during this two-week period.
We do appreciate your continued patience and understanding.
Once the service returns to normal a full year’s garden waste collection service will be provided - even if this rolls into next year. We are looking at the option to make a reduced charge for the service in 2021 in recognition that paying households will not have had a full service in 2020.
Further announcements on any plans to reopen our Household Recycling Centres at a later date will follow.