Alert Section

Problems paying your Invoice

Flintshire encourages payment in full, but should you be experiencing problems in paying your invoice please tell us immediately in order for us to provide you with assistance and advice on suitable instalment arrangements and other payment options.

This may involve the completion of an income and expenditure form, which will be sent once your personal circumstances have been considered.

Please contact the Debtors Team on 01352 703607.

Can I pay by instalments?

If you are experiencing genuine hardship and having difficulties paying it might be possible to arrange for payment by instalments. 

Please contact the Debtors Team on 01352 703607.

I have a dispute with the invoice I have received. What should I do?

If you feel that the invoice you have received is incorrect, please contact us immediately. The details of where to contact are shown on your invoice the right hand side of your address.

Disputes can be investigated and genuine problems can be solved.

Why have you sent me a reminder? 

If an invoice is not paid with as outlined on the invoice, or an arrangement has not been followed, recovery letters will be issued.

Continued failure to make payment will result in further action being taken against you, this can include:

  • Referral to a debt collection agent
  • County Court Action, which may result in a:
    • County Court Judgement (CCJ) being made against you;
    • Attachment to your earnings;
    • Charging order being made against your property;
    • 3rd party debt order.

Can I get a copy of the invoice?

Copy invoices can be requested by telephone and will be provided within a couple of days.

Please contact the Debtors Team on 01352 703607 or by emailing

I have overpaid my invoice. How can I get my money back?

If you believe you have overpaid an invoice please contact the Debtors Team on 01352 703607 or by e-mailing

Please make sure you have full details of payments made as this will need to be checked against our records. Refunds will only be issued in the name of the person stated on the invoice unless we have signed authorisation from them or their legal representative