Home > Resident > Social Services > Fostering > Connected Persons

Connected Persons

When a child’s parents are struggling to care for a child or to keep them safe, and social services are planning to place the child/ren in foster care, sometimes family members or family friends come forward to care for the child. This is a part of fostering known as kinship care or "connected persons".



Special Guardianship

If a child is made subject to a Residence or Special Guardianship Order, you will not be assessed as a foster carer and you will not receive fostering allowance. However you maybe eligible for support depending on your financial circumstances.



Private Fostering

Are you looking after someone else’s child? 

  • Are they under 16?
  • And you’re not a close relative?
  • Are they staying with you for more than 28 days?

Tell us, we can help.  Call 01352 701000



Somebody Else's Child - A guide to private foster care


Related Pages

Useful Websites

Useful Documents