Alert Section

Tell Us Once

When someone has died, there are lots of things that need to be done, at a time when you probably least feel like doing them. One of these is contacting government departments and local council services that need to be told.

When someone has died, their death needs to be registered with the Registrar. Once that's done, several other organisations may have to be contacted and given the same information. The Tell Us Once Service will help you notify other Government Departments such as the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agencies (DVLA), Personal Taxation and Passport Services. Local Council Services will also be notified eg. Social Care Services, Benefits Support, Blue Badge, Libraries, Electoral. 

Flintshire Council may also notify other departments within the Local Authority that are not under the Tell Us Once / Local Authority service agreement. This includes other service areas of the Council that may need to update their records.    

We are offering the 'Tell us Once' service which we hope will make things easier for you. Just tell us and we will contact the government departments and council services that need to be told so you don't have to.

How does it work? 

When you call us to make your appointment to register the death at the Register Office, the Tell Us Once service will be explained to you and you will be asked if you wish to take part. If you choose to take part, the Registrar will set up the deceased's details on the Tell Us Once national database. This usually takes around five minutes at the end of the registration.

Tell Us Once Video:

Tell Us Once Online: