Community Chest Grant
FLINTSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL - COMMUNITY CHEST GRANT
Community Chest is a grant scheme funded by Flintshire County Council and administered by Flintshire Local Voluntary Council (FLVC) to support community activity in Flintshire.
Applicants must be:
- Based in Flintshire;
- Formally constituted and not for profit;
- Independent of statutory or public bodies;
- Self-governing i.e. not accountable to another body;
- Hold a bank account requiring at least two signatories, and;
- Must also operate without any restriction on membership.
The aim of the grant is to support one off initiatives such as:
- Minor capital projects for example, building repairs and updating internal fixtures and fittings
- Community events
- Equipment but not consumables*
- Feasibility studies
- Publicity / marketing
- Training and awareness events/courses
*Any equipment bought with the grant must remain the property of the group and must be available for more than one member to use.
Priority will be given to local community groups of a smaller size.
Please note that the application form and guidance notes have recently been revised.
Revised Community Chest Guidance Notes (May 2018)
Revised Community Chest Application Form (May 2018)
For guidance on how to apply and / or an application form, please contact Heather Hicks, Funding Officer at Flintshire Local Voluntary Council on 01352 744004. Alternatively you can email Heather on: Heather.Hicks@flvc.org.uk
Any application for a grant submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.