Alert Section

Coronation of The King and The Queen Consort

Over the weekend 6 – 8 May 2023, people will be celebrating The Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty the Queen Consort.

In addition to a number of planned national events, people up and down the UK, are being encouraged to get together and bring The Coronation celebrations into the heart of their own communities.

For more information about The Coronation celebrations go to: 

Planning a community celebration

Please read the information below if you live in Flintshire and are planning a community celebration.

Street Parties 

A street party is a small event attended by local residents and their families (free of charge); and which isn't advertised to the wider community.

It will be held in a house or garden, local green space, or a quiet residential road. 

Local residents will provide the food and there will be no sale of alcohol. 

Non amplified music may be played between the hours of 8am and 11pm (unless a Temporary Event Notice is in place).

The sale of raffle tickets for a charity or good cause may be sold on the day for prizes with a value of less than £500. 

If this sounds like your event and you are planning to hold it on a minor residential road, where there will be minimal impact on through traffic,  you will need to apply for a Temporary Traffic Order (TTRO).    

The closing date for TTRO applications is Friday 31 March 2023.   

Public Events

A public event is different to a street party.  

Anyone can attend and an entrance fee may be charged.

The event is widely publicised for example online or with posters. 

It is held in a building open to the public or a park.

Hot food and drinks are served after 11pm.

Alcohol is available for sale. 

Live music is played between the hours of 8am and 11pm.
(Levels of amplified music from recorded or live events must be controlled so as not to cause noise nuisance to neighbours. Best practice would be to follow a ‘Noise Management Plan’ as part of your risk assessment).

The sale of raffle tickets for a charity or good cause may be sold in advance of the event.  

If this sounds like your event will you need to submit a Temporary Event Notice to the Council by no later than ten working days before the event. 

For more information about a Temporarary Event Notice and how to submit it go to