Needles and syringes
We will remove discarded needles, syringes and other drug related items from public land including educational premises if they are closed. We will not remove needles or sharps dumped on private property. However, in this instance we can supply a sharps container for your use and removal of the container can be arranged, to ensure the safety of the collectors.
What you can do
- Don’t touch or attempt to remove the items yourself, contact us and we will safely dispose of them.
- If you've been injured by a needle in the street, encourage bleeding, wash with warm, soapy water, and ring NHS Direct on 0845 4647.
- If you use non-prescription drugs, take your used needles to a Needle Syringe Exchange (01244 818513) or to your doctor.
- If you regularly need to dispose of contaminated sharps, use a sharps container and a disposal service. We can provide a free, regular clinical waste collection to Flintshire residents.
- Download the Flintshire App! – report it using your mobile device. Submit anonymously or register. Benefits of registering include receiving updates on the progress of your report, ability to see all your previous reports and give feedback.
- View the Streetscene telephone number and speak with an advisor.
What happens next?
Your report will be sent to our Streetscene team. If you provided an email address you will receive an acknowledgement with your reference number followed by a progress update later. If you didn't provide an email you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an update.
We will remove dangerous items from areas to which the public usually have access to within 2 hours.