Flintshire local lockdown - what you need to know if you're planning to eat out or visit your local pub
Flintshire is currently under a local lockdown and Welsh Government has issued published guidance for anyone planning to go out for a drink or meal.
The full guidance can be viewed here https://gov.wales/flintshire-county-council-lockdown-frequently-asked-questions but if you are going out to eat or drink here's the key things you need to know:
- You cannot meet for a drink or meal with anyone who is not a member of your immediate household until the local lockdown is lifted
- You cannot go out of Flintshire County for a drink or meal until the local lockdown is lifted
- You must wear a face mask to go into a pub or to go into a restaurant or cafe
- You must keep your mask on at all times except when you are seated at your table
- There will be table service only and you may not get up to go the bar. Orders will be taken at the table and drinks brought to you.
- All staff working in areas where there are customers will be wearing masks
- You cannot mingle with anyone outside your table group or move around inside the premises
- You must not move the tables as these will have been laid out in order to keep people from different households a safe distance apart
- Even if you are only out for a drink and not a meal you must remain seated at your designated table for the duration of your visit
- If you need to leave the table for any reason, for example to go to the toilet, you must put your face mask on.
- There are exemptions regarding the wearing of masks which will apply to some customers and these are explained in the guidance
And don't forget you'll also need to wear a face mask if you're going by train or bus and if planning on getting a taxi.
These new measures are there to protect everyone and reduce the spread of the virus. If they fail and infections continue to rise it is probable that more restrictive measures will be introduced.
Please do your bit to keep Flintshire safe.