Alert Section

Energy Bills Support Scheme

This scheme has now closed to most new applications.

If you require help with an existing application you can contact the helpline. 

Telephone: 0808 175 3287 - Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Please note there has been an extension to the deadline if you have been appointed to act on behalf of someone else.
The website states;
If you’ve been appointed to act on behalf of someone else
You can still apply for someone else if you’ve been appointed to act on their behalf. For example if you’re a solicitor or a local council, and the person you’re applying for lives in a care home.
You’ll need to:

• use a business bank account
• prove you’ve been appointed

To apply contact the helpline team by 16 June 2023.

If they live in a care home
You’ll also need either:

• an invoice for their care home fees from the past 3 months
• an official document from the care home including their name and address, a funding statement and the name and address of the care home