Latest News

Council supports EU citizens living in Flintshire

Published: 16/12/2019

Flintshire Connects Centres will be offering digital assistance to EU citizens to ensure they have the correct documentation to remain in the UK once we leave the EU.

The EU Settlement Scheme application process will help EU citizens obtain the status they will need to continue to live and work in the UK 

Flintshire County Council’s Cabinet Member for Corporate Management and Assets, Councillor Billy Mullin, said: 

“People may need help to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme or to complete their UK visa application if they don’t have the confidence to complete online forms or don’t have access to a computer or device.  We can help – the application process is quick and easy, but you will need to make an appointment.”

If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

You may be able to stay in the UK without applying - for example, if you are an Irish citizen or have indefinite leave to remain.

To find out more and book an appointment, please contact 03333 445 675.  If you have access to the internet, more information is available at  


Share this information

Flintshire News
Flintshire on Twitter