Flintshire Standards Committee needs you!
Do you have a keen interest in standards in public life and a wish to serve the
local community and uphold local democracy?
Flintshire County Council and North Wales Fire and Rescue Authority have
vacancies for independent members to serve on their Standards Committees.
The Standards Committee aims to promote, maintain and improve standards of
conduct by members of the Authority. The successful candidates will be able to
demonstrate objectivity, independence and impartiality and will have good
listening skills and team working skills.
Flintshire County Council’s Chief Officer for Governance, Gareth Owens, said:
“This joint approach is quite unique and we hope that both organisations will
be able to share ideas, good practice and investment in training and
development of the independent members. Being involved with more than one
organisation will also make the role more diverse and interesting.”
There many reasons to get involved, including:
• extending your knowledge and experience;
• enhancing your CV and career development;
• giving something back by sharing your knowledge, skills and experience;
• working with new people and gaining experience of different organisational
• networking with a wider group of people; or
• as spring board to get involved with other committees or independent review
Members can claim reimbursement for travel and subsistence.
lf you would like to find out more about becoming an independent member please
email or telephone:
North Wales Fire and Rescue Authority
Phone: 01745 535286
Flintshire County Council
Phone: 01352 702344
Closing date for applications is 9am, 13 November 2017 and details on how to
apply can be found at: