Mobility and Transport
Emissions from our Council operated fleet remain a consistent source of carbon emissions. We know that technologies around electricity and hydrogen fuelled vehicles is improving and we need to ensure that we do not fall behind in this area.
- The Council’s fleet meet the Euro 6 standard and therefore have the lowest emissions possible for diesel vehicles.
- Delivering safer routes in the community schemes around schools, encouraging children with their families to walk and cycle to school, trying to tackle air pollution around schools and get people active and healthy.
- Developing community based transport options when commercial bus services have been withdrawn.
- Developing and delivering active travel routes across the County.
- Installation of publically accessible charging points across the County.
- Review of our current fleet contract to fulfil our transition to ultra-low emission vehicles (ULEV).
- Selected to trial two electric recycling vehicles from early 2022.
- Two electric buses introduced to the transport fleet.
- Hybrid Working Policy has been published encouraging flexible working approach and utilisation of virtual meetings.
- 17 electric vehicle charging points have been installed across 8 public car park sites across the county. With more feasibility studies being carried out, to identify further potential sites.
- 2 x trial vehicles have been awarded by Welsh Government.
- Active Travel Network public consultation was completed, and next stage improvements are underway to improve the walking and cycling network across the county.
- Complete the review of the current fleet contract to fulfil transition to ultra-low emission vehicles (ULEV).
- Review fleet policy with consideration for charging of vehicles.
- Trial two electric recycling vehicles from early 2022.
- Introducing two electric buses to serve local travel arrangement in Buckley and the Deeside Industrial Park & Ride facility on Zone 2.
- Transition fleet vehicles to electric and alternative fuels (hydrogen, etc)
- Facilitate a car sharing forum for employees – once measures post-COVID-19 are reviewed
- Actively promote the existing employee cycle to work scheme to increase participation and review cycle storage facilities at principle work place.
- Promote and launch a managed salary sacrifice scheme for low and ultra-low emission vehicles.