Business advice - Trading Standards
This is a free service where trained officers will provide advice and guidance to all Flintshire traders to help them comply with the legislation we enforce .
- aim to ensure a safe and fair trading environment for consumers and businesses alike
- enforce the law and regulations that govern goods and services which we all buy, hire or sell.
- promote fair, safe and honest trading practices in Flintshire.
- have a statutory duty to enforce a wide range of consumer laws and provide help and advice to businesses and consumers.
- enforce consumer protection legislation covering unsafe goods, product descriptions, short weight etc and have powers to ensure compliance with the law.
Please view the Trading Standards - Business Charter (PDF 50KB new window) for further information. This charter explains the Trading Standards Service which is available to Flintshire businesses.
Business advice leaflets
Flintshire Trading Standards have available leaflets on a wide range of subjects to advise and inform you and your business. Please contact us for further information on any particular Trading Standards subject you may be interested in knowing more about.
For a range of online business advice leaflets please visit the following websites:
Home Authority Principle
The Home Authority Principle allows local authorities to work with a business to provide consistent and coordinated Trading Standards and Food Enforcement services across the UK. It assists those businesses that have outlets in more than one local authority and distribute goods and/or services beyond the boundaries of one local authority.
Tel: 08454 04 05 06 (Consumer advice)
Tel: 01352 703181 (Business Enquiries and other matters)
Fax: 01352 703192
Write to: Trading Standards Service, Environment Directorate, County Hall, Mold, Flintshire, CH7 6NF
Visit: Entrance 3, County Hall, Mold
Our office hours are 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday