Alert Section

Street collection permit

Licence summary 

To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes in Wales, you require a street collection permit from your local council.

Eligibility criteria 

No provision in the legislation

Regulation summary 

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence (new window) (Charities Act 1992)

Application evaluation process 

No provision in the legislation

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period.


No fee is required for this application.

Apply online 

Application to licence a street collection (new window)

Supply a return for a street collection (new window)

Failed application redress

Please contact your Local Authority in the first instance.

Licence holder redress 

Please contact your Local Authority in the first instance.

Consumer complaint 

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice (new window) will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre (new window).

Other redress 

E.g. about noise, pollution, etc. Also should one licence holder complain about another.

Contact details

Licensing Section, Public Protection, Flintshire County Council, County Hall, Mold, CH7 6NF

Telephone: 01352 703030


Trade associations 


In partnership with EUGO