Major service disruptions e.g. due to bad weather/fuel shortages, will be communicated on our main www.flintshire.gov.uk/recycle page.
As from the 1st October 2016 we will no longer return for any reported missed recycling collections. Your report will still be noted against your address for future reference. If your recycling is not collected you can either:
• Place it out on your next scheduled collection day or
• Take it to your nearest Household Recycling Centre or recycling bring site
You can find your nearest facility by clicking here.
Brown Bin Collections
As many residents don't use the garden waste collection service during the winter months, brown bin waste will not be collected during the months of December, January and February.
Missed collections - Before reporting a problem, have you:
- Placed your bin out by 7am on the morning of your collection at the kerbside (where your property/drive meets the pavement/road)? (Place it out the night before if necessary and safe.) Where should I place my bins?
- Put the correct bin/container out on the correct day? Check which day your bin is usually collected.
- Sorted the materials into the correct containers. Check which materials go in which bins & what items we will not take.
- Avoided lining food caddies with plastic or non-flintshire biobags – this contaminates the load? Order more biobag (new window) and use newspaper as a temporary measure.
- Checked your bin isn’t too heavy and the lid is closed properly? This avoids injuries to our collection crew.
- Avoided jamming waste into your wheeled bin?
- Ensured there is no side waste? We normally place this into your emptied black bin for your next collection. Households of 6 or more occupants can request a larger black bin If you answer no to any of the above you cannot report a missed collection. In most cases our operatives will normally provide a notice explaining the reason for non-collection and record it using the vehicles camera or recording device. You will need to rectify the problem and place your containers out on the next scheduled date.
If you answer yes to all the above please use the link below after 4pm – as vehicles may return later if they need emptying or experience mechanical problems.
What happens next?
Our Streetscene team will log your report and, if you provided an email address will send an acknowledgement with details of our procedure (normally within 1 working day).
If we have genuinely missed your collection we will endeavour to return and collect within 24 hours of notification.
If we do not respond within 5 working days of your report please contact Streetscene .