Apply for a child’s admission to Nursery for September 2015 online from 5 January 2015
Flintshire County Council is pleased to announce that parents/carers of children born between 1 September 2011 and 31 August 2012 will be able to apply online for admission to Nursery in September 2015 from 5 January 2015.
The closing date for receipt of applications for admission to nursery in September 2015 will be 20 February 2015.
Please note that any applications received after the deadline date are considered as late unless there is a valid reason which must accompany the form, eg exceptional medical reasons, recent change of address, etc. Your child may have less opportunity to be offered your preferred school if the application is late.
Applying for admission to Nursery will be quick and easy; we are removing paper application forms to make the process of applying much more efficient. You will be able to apply here and results will be sent by email on 15 May 2015.
Our employees will be on hand to help at any Flintshire library or Flintshire Connects Centre at Connah’s Quay, Flint and Holywell if parents/carers need help to apply online.
Flintshire Connects - Locations
You can now apply for admission to Nursery in September 2015. Please read the important information listed below, further information can also be found in our Guide to Education Services
I understand that...
- Only the person(s) with parental responsibility for a child can apply for admission.
- Where more than one person has parental responsibility, it is the parent's responsibility to come to agreement over school preferences listed on the application.
- The Local Education Authority (the LEA) will only accept the pupil's home address and not that, for example, of a child-minder or grandparent. The LEA may request proof of address to validate an application.
- A school place can be withdrawn if fraudulent information is provided on child's application.
- Non-EU residents must provide a photocopy of their visa before the LEA can consider an application.
- A place in Nursery does not guarantee a place in Reception at the same school (a new application for Reception must be submitted at a later date).
- If no preference is given, or the application form is submitted late then it will be less likely that a child will be able to attend the school of your preference. In the event of oversubscription to a school, applications for places will be dealt with by applying the admissions oversubscription criteria as detailed in the Guide to Education Services.
- Expressing a school preference does not guarantee admission to that chosen school but it will give your child priority over children whose parents have not expressed a preference for that school on application.
I confirm that I have read the information provided above, please accept by ticking here