IF YOU ARE APPLYING FOR YOUR CHILD TO GO TO ANOTHER SCHOOL FOR WHEN JOHN SUMMERS HIGH SCHOOL CLOSES IN JULY 2017 PLEASE USE THE FORM ABOVE CALLED "TRANSFER APPLICATION FOR LEARNERS CURRENTLY AT JOHN SUMMERS HIGH SCHOOL"
If you move home and need a place at a new school, or if you wish to transfer your child to a new school due to problems at your present school it is strongly recommended that you discuss this with your current Headteacher first.
If you still wish to change schools please complete a School Transfer form, which is available below.
Please read these important notes and tick to confirm that you understand and agree before you complete this application to transfer to another school.
- You are strongly advised to discuss any issues or concerns you have with your childs current headteacher before you apply for a place at another school.
- This application form can only be completed by the legal parent, carer or guardian of the child.
- We will aim to process your application within 10 school days.
- Where there is shared parental responsibility all parents should be in agreement about the preferences listed in the application. It is the parents? responsibility to come to this agreement.
- We may request proof of address./li>
- A school place granted on the basis of fraudulent information may be withdrawn.
- A place in the Nursery clasa at a preferred school does NOT guarantee a place in Reception class - the application process starts afresh.
- You will need to consider how to get your child to school when making your preferences. Free school transport is normally only provided to the nearest suitable school if it is more than 2 miles from the home address for Reception - Year 6 applications, or more than 3 miles from the home address for Year 7 - Year 11 applications.
- You may express a preference for English or Welsh medium education, or faith-based education.
- If you would like to apply for school places for more than one child, you must submit one application form for each child.
- In completing this online application form, you agree to provide an email address, which we will use to acknowledge receipt of your application.
- If you are a non-EU resident, you must provide a copy of your visa before we can consider any application for a school place.
I confirm that I have read the information provided above, please accept by ticking here
** A link to the form will appear once the above checkbox is selected.