In order to apply for the Early Entitlement Funding you will need to read and agree to the following terms and conditions:
Personal data will be processed by Flintshire County Council for the specific purposes of administering, monitoring and processing your registration for Early Entitlement Funding. This may relate to the parent/s or child. The processing of your personal data is undertaken as a ‘public task’ on behalf of Estyn.
Flintshire County Council may share your data with other local authorities, the National Health Service, the Police, and family support and early years’ services and partners if this is necessary to carry out its duties to promote wellbeing and welfare. From time to time we may send you information for survey to help evaluate the implementation and delivery of Early Entitlement Funding.
Some of the information held about you will be shared with Estyn [Estyn Privacy Notice]. This will help them to carry out research to improve the care and support provided to you and other people in Wales. The information will be shared lawfully and will only be used byEstyn for research in support of official business. Please see below to read more about what information is shared and how it will be used. For research purposes, we will ensure that data is anonymised before any research takes place. Sharing of anonymised data is outside the GDPR.
Flintshire County Council will retain your information until the child is 18 in line with our retention schedule. If you feel Flintshire County Council has mishandled your personal data at any time you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office by visiting their website or calling their helpline on 03031231113. The information in the Early Entitlement Privacy Notice will be kept under review to incorporate any further changes communicated by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about how Flintshire County Council processes personal data and your rights please see our privacy notice on our website - http://www.flintshire.gov.uk/en/Resident/Contact-Us/Privacy-Notice.aspx or request a copy from the Council
Your child can have a place in an “approved” setting for either: 5 sessions a week, one per day, of 2 hours duration or 4 sessions per week, one per day, of two and a half hours duration. This will depend on what the setting of your choice is providing.
An “approved” setting may be one of the following: ·
- a playgroup
- a private day nursery
- a nursery class or early years unit in a local school
Settings who receive funding must:-
- have qualified staff
- be inspected by Estyn
- provide the stated sessions
- accept the support of a qualified teacher on a regular basis
You may apply by completing a registration form at the link below.
You can apply for funding at only ONE setting. Funding goes directly to the setting each month (January - July). Although Flintshire County Council provides funded Early Entitlement sessions as directed by the Welsh Government, you may be asked by private nurseries for ‘top up’ fees to meet the cost of a full morning or afternoon session at the setting.
For children whose 3rd birthday falls during the Autumn Term (1 September 2019 — 5 January 2020) funding will be given for 2 terms, Spring and Summer 2020.
For children whose birthdays fall during the Spring (6 January 2020 — 19 April 2020) funding will be given for 1 term, Summer 2020.
NB. Your child is eligible to start in a school nursery class for 5 x 2.5 hours per week from the September following their 3rd birthday.
Application forms for school nursery admissions are available from October 2019
Please also see Flintshire County Council’s Guide to Education Services for detailed information about the admissions process.
It is Flintshire’s aim to provide the best early years experiences for our young children through quality play.
For more information phone or call in at:
Early Entitlement/ Childcare Offer Team, Westwood Centre, Tabernacle Street, Buckley
Tel: 01352 703930 or email: email@example.com
Family Information Service Flintshire (FISF) Tel: 01352 703500
Early Years Wales Tel: 01745 530111
National Day Nurseries Association Tel: 01824 707823
PACEY Cymru Tel: 0845 880 1299
Mudiad Meithrin Tel: 01978 363422
Before completing the registration form, please check with your childcare provider to ensure that they have registered to become an approved provider of the Early Entitlement.
YOU MUST ASK IF YOUR PROVIDER HAS A SPACE FOR YOUR CHILD AND AGREE THE HOURS. YOU HAVE TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD WITH THE SETTING OR GIVE YOUR CONTACT DETAILS TO THE SETTING, PRIOR TO MAKING THE APPLICATION.
You will be required to supply a photocopy of your child’s birth certificate at the time of registration (Important Note: If you are applying via post, please do not send in your orignial copies - please only supply scanned photocopies).
You have 6 weeks to submit all required evidence to support your application, after this time incomplete applications will be closed and a new application will need to be submitted online should you wish to pursue the application further.
What happens next?
- You can approach one Early Entitlement provider and agree the arrangements of hours and days of provision with them. Without this information you will not be able to complete the registration form
- Your child is entitled to a maximum of 10 Early Entitlement Education hours per week.
- Please ask your provider:
- How many hours per week of Early Entitlement Education they can offer you (up to 10)
- Which days and times are available to you
- Agree with your provider which days and times your child will attend
- Please note, if your provider offered your child 10 hours of funded Early Entitlement Education but you chose initially not to take up the full 10 hours, you may approach your provider at a later date to increase your child's hours of Early Entitlement up to the full 10 hours.
- Please complete the registration form below, ensuring that you identify the correct childcare providers in the drop down box on the form.
- It is important that you let us know immediately if the hours changes, you switch to another provider, your address or your email address change. If you do not inform us the Early Entitlement Funding could be lost.
- You may receive an e-mail from us, from time to time, to confirm that your circumstances are still the same.
Online Application Form