School Transport Timetable 2018/2019
|Admission Year||Application Forms Available||Closing Date for Completed Forms||Applications Assessed||Notification of Eligibility||Notification of Transport Arrangements|
||01/05/2018 - 31/05/2018
|Secondary (Year 7)
||01/05/2018 - 31/05/2018
Parent Application Process
- The window for school transport applications opens with forms available 1st February-30th April 2018
- Applications should be completed online (link at the bottom of this page)
- You must apply to the local authority for where you live. For example, if you have secured a school place in Flintshire and you live in Denbighshire, you must apply to Denbighshire County Council.
- You will receive an acknowledgement within 10 working days that your application has been received
- The Integrated Transport Unit (ITU) will assess your application once we have received confirmation from the school that your child has been granted a place
- When your application has been assessed, we will inform if your child is eligible or not
- We will tell you about the transport arrangements before the end of the summer term (July 2018) and send you a bus pass for your child (if applicable) at this time.
- Please note that late applications will be considered after those received by the closing date, but we cannot guarantee that transport arrangements will be in place for September 2018 for late applicants and transport may not be available until after October half-term 2018. All late applications will be ranked in order of priority e.g. medical grounds / special educational needs first.
- If you move house, you will need to re-apply for free school transport. This is because your eligibility depends on the distance between your home and your school. If you move to a new address, we will need to check your eligibility again.
- If you are applying for transport after moving house during the school year, please apply as soon as you can after your new address is confirmed.
- You will also be required to re-apply for transport if any of your circumstances change during the period your children attend school, or if your child’s school or course changes.
- Provided that your home address and the school attended do not change, there is no need for you to re-apply for school transport every year.
- Applications for transport to Colleges should be directed to the college concerned. Applications can be made at any time of year although students are recommended to apply at the end of the summer term prior to commencing courses in September.
- Parents will need to re-apply for school transport for sixth form.
Transport provision is provided subject to the Welsh Government Travel Code of Behaviour. Please ensure you have read and understand the implications of not abiding to this code. See below links to the 'Parent Guide' and the full statutory guidance.
Please follow the link below to complete the online application form.
Online Application Form