Changes to Requesting Food Waste Bags.
During September there will be changes to the way food bags can be requested .There will no longer be an insert tag at the end of the roll to affix to the caddy handle. Instead, towards the end of the roll, a red stripe will appear which will alert residents to their bag supply being low.
More bags can be obtained by tying a food waste bag to the handle of the green caddy on collection day . Alternatively residents can ring the helpline on 01352 701234 to enable a collection from our Flintshire Connects Offices
We have revised our waste collection policy to further improve performance and to deliver essential savings.
We have previously delivered recycling items such as blue boxes and recycling bags to resident but from 1 June, 2015 we will no longer deliver these items. Residents of Flintshire will need to collect items from a network of sites across the County*. Items remain free of charge and black/brown wheeled bins will continue to be delivered to residents given their size.
Please read the following guide before making a request for items; if you receive an assisted collection from us then please go straight to point 2.
How to request waste / recycling items: (blue boxes, blue bags etc)
1. Decide which site you would like to collect your items from?
Household Waste and Recycling Centres (skip sites):
- Connah’s Quay - Dock Road, Connah’s Quay CH5 4DS
- Flint - Castle Industrial Estate, Flint CH6 5XA
- Greenfield - Greenfield Business Park No2, Greenfield CH8 7GJ
- Sandycroft - Prince William Avenue, Deeside, CH5 2QZ
Flintshire Connects Centres:
- Buckley - Buckley Library, The Precinct, Buckley, CH7 2EF
- Connah's Quay - Connah's Quay Library, Wepre Drive, Connah's Quay, CH5 4HA
- Flint - Church Street, Flint, CH6 5BD
- Holywell - Old Town Hall, High Street, Holywell, CH8 7TD
- Mold - Mold Library, Earl Road, Mold CH7 1AP
(Note: You do not require a collection reference number to collect recycling items from Flintshire Connects so you don't need to complete the online order form or contact Streetscene, just visit the Centre during opening hours).
- Sandy Lane Community Centre, Sandy Lane, Saltney, CH4 8UB (UNMANNED CENTRE - Contact Veronica Gay 07790 751690 for recycling receptacle request appointment).
- Douglas Place Community Centre, Douglas Place, Woodall Ave, Saltney, CH4 8PB. Centre open Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri from 10am to 3pm. Contact Ray Peters 07812 500202.
- Rural North Flintshire Family Centre, Nant-y-Gro, Gronant, Flintshire, LL19 9YP - Contact is by appointment with Sara Jackson on 01745 859710 / 07824 418052.
2. Contact Streetscene to request your items.
You will be given a unique reference number, this is important as you will need this to collect your items from the site you have selected. You can contact Streetscene by completing the online form below or by telephoning 01352 701234.
Request Recycling Items (only)
Request Black/Brown Bin (only)
3. Once you have your collection reference number, take this to your agreed collection site along with proof of residency. Present this information to the officer on site who will then give you your items. Due to strict stock monitoring, you will not be able to go to a different collection site to the one you chose on ordering.
*Direct to door deliveries will still continue for those registered as needing an assisted collection, as will deliveries of wheeled bins both brown and black.