Local Nature Partnership
Flintshire County Council coordinates the Local Nature Partnership (North East Wales Biodiversity Network). The North East Wales Biodiversity Network was formed in October 2009. It brings together local biodiversity partnerships that had existed in the counties of Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham. It is made up of a number of organisations including Conwy, Denbighshire, Wrexham and Flintshire local authorities, Natural Resources Wales, North Wales Wildlife Trust, RSPB, Amphibian and Reptile Conservation, the North Wales trunk Road Agency, British association of shooting and conservation, Butterfly conservation, Chester Zoo, Clwyd Badger Group, Keep Wales Tidy, Wild Ground, Cofnod (the North Wales Environmental Record Centre) businesses and independent recorders and consultants. The broad aim of the network is to conserve, protect and enhance biodiversity for current and future generations. Collaboration are seen as being important to the partnership alongside other objectives that include raising awareness and the promotion of biodiversity and identifying local priorities to deliver local nature targets. Follow us for the latest news and events across north east wales.
Plans, Policies and Legislation:
Flintshire County Council Guidance on the Environment Act duties
Flintshire County Council Environment Act - Section 6 Biodiversity Duty Delivery Plan
Flintshire County Council Sustainability policy
Flintshire County Council Guidance note on Nesting Birds
Flintshire County Council Guidance note on Invasive Non Native Species
North Wales leaflet on Protected Species and the Law
Wildflower areas - Guidance Note
- Create a haven for wildlife with our Wildlife gardening pack.
- Planting for pollinators: Tell us about a local area you would like to be considered for pollinator planting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Put pollinators in the email subject bar.
- Get involved in Hedgehog conservation with PTES and Hedgehog Street.
- Find out more about Barn Owls and fill in the form if you would like to be considered for a box in our long running project to install boxes across the region.
- Record the nature you see across the whole of Norrth Wales with Cofnod, the North Wales Environmental Record Centre.
- Our introduction to orchard management booklet will give you all the basics to plant and look after your own orchard.
- Register to volunteer on conservation projects with us by emailing email@example.com. Put volunteer in the subject bar.
Learn more about biodiversity in Wales at Biodiversity Wales
Telephone: 01352 703263