Home > My Council > Compliments, Concerns and Complaints

Compliments, Concerns and Complaints

How to log a Compliment, Concern or Complaint 

Compliments, comments and complaints from you, our customer, helps us to improve our services now and in the future.

Flintshire County Council has a dedicated Customer Services Team who can deal with your enquiry and monitor it from start to finish.

If you wish to contact us you can either: 

Email us: customerservices@flintshire.gov.uk

Write to us:

Customer Services Team
Flintshire County Council

Telephone us:   01352 703020

Our complaints procedure - What to expect

To make a complaint about a council service follow these simple steps:

Step 1

Contact the service you have been dealing with or the Customer Services Team.  Your complaint will be recorded on a central database and if it is not possible to resolve the matter immediately it will be acknowledged  within 5 working days.  The service will aim to provide a full response to you within 10 working days from receipt of your complaint.

Step 2

If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the service, contact the Customer Services Team who will ensure that your complaint is considered by a senior officer within the service or the Corporate Complaints Officer.  You will then receive a response within 20 working days.

Contacting the Ombudsman

If you feel that the Council has failed to address or resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you can contact The Public Services Ombudsman for Wales, 1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae, Pencoed, Bridgend, CF35 5LJ  Telephone 0845 6010987(local call rate), fax 01656 641199, e-mail ask@ombudsmanwales.org.uk

Please be aware that the Ombudsman must be satisfied that you have completed each step of our Complaints Procedure.  Further information about this can be found in the useful document area of this page.

Making a claim against Flintshire County Council

In the event of anyone wishing to submit an Employers Liability or Public
Liability compensation claim against Flintshire County Council through the
claims portal electronic process, the claims handlers for the Council's Liability
insurers are:
Gallagher Bassett
First Floor,
Tame House, Wellington Crescent,
Fradley Park,
Staffordshire WS13 8RZ
Anyone wishing to submit a claim for compensation against the County
Council in person should contact the Insurance section in County Hall, Mold
on 01352 702242 or 01352 702256

Related Pages

Useful Websites

Useful Documents