Flintshire County Council has a responsibility to review and where needed to modernise its school buildings. One area that has been identified for investment within our schools is in the Penyffordd area.
This new 21st Century primary school facility will see the construction of a new amalgamated all-through 3-11 English Medium community primary school on the Abbotts Lane site for 315 full time learners and a 45 FTE place Nursery. The existing infants school building will then be demolished, and construction of improved car parking for staff and visitors and a dedicated drop off zone for parents. The facility will provide a new inspirational learning experience for primary school children.
UPDATE/NEWS 17.10.17 Planning Application for Ysgol Penyffordd.
UPDATE/NEWS 06.10.17: Consultee Letter and Traffic Impact Assessment Report (13 MB) .
UPDATE/NEWS 18.09.17: Register your interest for updates on the Ysgol Penyffordd project:
UPDATE/NEWS 12.09.17: Updated design following informal planning consultation process (as at September 2017). Design Presentation (10 MB)
Newsletter - Summer 2017
- New build Primary School to accommodate 315 Full Time Pupils and a 45 FTE place Nursery on the Abbott’s Lane site.
- Design of the school includes: Classroom for Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2; Hall and Studio facilities; community room; grassed sports field area; multi-use sports pitch; habitat and recreational areas; improved staff and visitor car parking and drop off zone for parents/carers.
- Increased staff and visitor car parking with dedicated drop off zone for parents/carers.
- Future proofed design to accommodate classrooms extensions should there an increase of learners in the area.
- Thoughtful school design to blend into the community.