As part of our on-going commitment to help people develop the skills and knowledge they need to gain employment, we will be recruiting a number of trainees to start in autumn 2018.
Flintshire Trainees will be placed on an Apprenticeship Programme. As a Flintshire Trainee you learn on the job, building up knowledge and skills, achieving qualifications and earn money, all at the same time.
At Flintshire we recruit our Trainees over the summer, so they are ready to start work and enrol at college in the September. For the Council, it is an excellent way to develop people with the skills and experience required. For you, it is the opportunity to get hands-on experience and on-the job training, whilst gaining industry recognised qualifications.
Placements can last between one and four years depending on the qualification and level of placement. Usually Trainees are work based for four days and college based for one day a week, again this is dependent on the structure of the qualification.
Types of Placements offered at Flintshire County Council
There are a number of different types of placement, at various levels:
• Flintshire Trainees – aimed at School leavers or returners who have 5 GCSEs or equivalent. Flintshire Trainees undertake a level 2 / 3 Apprenticeship framework usually over a two year period.(GCSE grades may vary depending on placement – for further information see the Placement Outlines section at the end of this)
• Flintshire Higher Level Trainees - aimed at those who are considering University or the workplace. Applicants will have relevant “A levels” or relevant Level 3 qualifications and will undertake an appropriate level 4 / 5 qualification.
• Flintshire Graduate Trainees – aimed at those wanting to enter the workplace following University and obtain professional qualifications. Graduates will have a degree and undertake professional qualifications at level 5 / 6 in the relevant profession.
Your workplace experience will involve doing work activities relevant to the qualification you are undertaking. You will be offered experience in the following areas:
• Communicating with colleagues and customers
• Team Working• Gaining an understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace
• Specific work experience in the relevant occupation you have chosen.
On top of all this you get paid!
What will you get paid?
All our trainees are paid National Minimum Wage/ National Living Wage as a minimum. The hourly rate / salary is dependent on age. The rates are as follows:
16 – 17: £4.20 per hour or £8,103 per annum
18 – 20: £5.90 per hour or £11,383.78 per annum
21 – 24: £7.38 per hour or £14,238.12 per annum
25 and over: £7.83 per hour or £15,106.30 per annum