Fancy £1500 towards your community sport project?
Community Chest offers grant of up to £1500 in any 12 month period for activities that:
- Encourage more people to become more active, more often
- Raises the standards of existing activities
Please note, applicants are able to claim a second £1500 if their application is based on one of the 2 priority areas. To be eligible they must demonstrate that their application either:
- Better prepares clubs to cater for interest generated via 2012; or
- Tackles inequality - BME, disability (inclusion), women and girls, social inclusion.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to any group as long as they hold a bank account in the organsiation's name.
Who cannot apply?
Sorry but if you are a member of the public, primary school or associated body arranging activities for children, or secondary school whose part of the 5x60 scheme you are ineligible to apply for a Community Chest grant.
In addition the following activities cannot be funded:
- Physical activities such as gardening, DIY, environmental improvements, performance dance or circus skills
- Existing activities / projects that have already started
- Projects that are considered to be part of an organisation's normal day to day running costs
- Projects based outside Wales
Or the following project elements:
- Maintenance, repair or replacement of current equipment or facilities (however consideration will be given to replace equipment that no longer complies with current legislation)
- Purchase of personal items of equipment
- Catering and hospitality
- Medals, certificates or trophies
- Domestic or foreign tours
- One off events with no links to ongoing activities
- Capital projects (projects that involve building or buying land)
- Financial support for individuals
Before completing your application form, please ensure you read the scheme guidance notes for further details.
Sports Community Chest - Guidance Notes and Terms & Conditions
Sports Community Chest - Application Form
Please return applications to:
Flintshire County Council
Deeside Leisure Centre
Chester Road West
If you would like further information please contact: 01352 702461
Alternatively you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org