Warm Home Assistance Scheme
Flintshire County Council are working with Wales & West Utilities on the Warm Home Assistance Scheme; we identify households who could benefit from a connection to the gas network and assess their eligibility for a grant towards the cost.
A new gas connection can be of real benefit to those with high heating bills and low income.
For many homes, a switch to a gas central heating system can play a major part in alleviating fuel poverty. Connecting to the gas network can improve the energy rating of the home and reduce energy bills significantly. We are committed to playing our part in connecting households through the Warm Home Assistance Scheme.
People wishing to benefit from a mains gas connection need to either live in an area identified by the government for support, live in a privately owned or rented property and be in receipt of qualifying benefits, or be in fuel poverty: whereby a high percentage of disposable income is spent on household fuel use.
We can help establish whether you are likely to qualify for a grant.
Gas Connection Grants
For many homes, a switch to a gas central heating system can improve the energy rating of the property and reduce energy bills significantly. We work with Wales & West Utilities on the Warm Home Assistance Scheme providing householders with gas connection grants and issuing vouchers to qualifying customers. These can then be used against the cost of a new gas connection.
Who qualifies for a voucher?
If you live in a privately owner or rented property there are two ways of qualifying for a gas connection voucher:
- You live in a privately owned or rented property and you receive key qualifying benefits
- You are a social tenant, or live in a privately owned or rented property and are spending a high percentage of disposable income on household fuel.
How it works
- Complete the online Grant Application Form we will then let you know without delay if you can receive a contribution towards your gas connection
- If you qualify, we will send you a Gas Connection Voucher to pay towards the cost of the gas connection. This voucher, along with any additional payment required, and a signed quotation acceptance form, should then be sent to Wales & West Utilities who will arrange for your gas connection to take place
- Important Note: You should apply for a contribution towards your gas connection BEFORE you pay Wales & West Utilities for the gas connection.
For further help or advice on applying for a gas connection grant you can contact the team on 01352 702173 or simply complete the online application form yourself.
Qualifying Benefits List
If you claiming any of the benefits on the gas connection grant benefits list you may qualify for a grant towards a new gas connection.
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Working Tax Credit (an upper earnings limit applies)
- Child Tax Credit (an upper earnings limit applies)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Council Tax Reduction
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
GRANT APPLICATION FORM