How to Provide Blue Badge Evidence Documents
There are three ways you can provide your document to support your blue badge application, these are:
We have five Flintshire Connects centres that you can use to drop in and have your documents and photograph verified there and then. This is the preferred option as you are able to take the documents home with you the same day and a member of our team can certify the photograph on site.
The centres are located:
- Flintshire Conntects, Wepre Drive, Connah's Quay, CH5 4HA
- Flintshire Connects, Old Town Hall, High Street, Holywell, CH8 7TD
- Flintshire Connects, County Offices, Chapel Street, Flint, CH6 5BD
- Flintshire Connects, Buckley Library, The Precinct, Buckley, CH7 2EF
- Flintshire Connects, Mold Library, Earl Road, Mold, CH7 1AP
More information about Flintshire Connects centres.
You are able to send certified photocopies of your documents (recommended recorded delivery), along with a certified photograph. If you choose this option, you must allow time for delivery.
A certified photocopy is a photocopy of a document that has been verified as being true by a person, other that your partner or family member, who has known you for a minimum of two years and is 18 years or over.
The individual certifying the documents should include the text "This copy is a true likeness of the original" alongside their signature. They should also print their name, contact details and occupation alongside this information. The local authority may contact them to verify your identity.
These are examples of the type of person that would be suitable:
List of suitable persons
||Justice of the Peace
|bank / building society official
||Licensee of a public house
||local government officer
|councillor (local or county)
||nurse (RGN and RMN)
||officer of the armed services
||trade union officer
|fire service official
The photograph can be provided electronically to the local authority in the form of a jpg. The photograph must have a strong definition between face and background and must, as far as practible, be;
- in colour
- 45 millimetres in height and 35 millimetres in width (passport size)
- taken within a month prior to the date of the application
- against a light grey or cream background
- free from 'red eye', shaddows, reflection or glare from spectacles
- of the full head of the holder (without any other person visible or any covering, unless it is worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons)
- facing forward
- with nothing covering the face
- looking straigt at the camera
- with a neutral expression and mouth closed
- with eyes open and clearly visible (without sunglasses or tinted specticles and without hair or specticle frames obscuring the eyes)
- in sharp focus and clear
- printed professionally or in digital format
- a true likeness, without ammendment
Alternatively, a photograph can be taken by a Customer Advisors at one of our Flintshire Connects centres.