This means that you will have to complete a Cognitive Impairment application form and previous history within health or social services will need to be verified. You can apply by contacting Customer Services on 01352 701304 or by visiting your nearest Flintshire Connects office. You should bring the following documents with you:
Proof of Identity
You will need one or more of the following:
- Birth/Adoption certificate
- Marriage/Divorce certificate
- Civil partnership/Dissolution certificate
- Valid driving license
- Valid passport
Proof of Residency
There are a few ways to prove your residency, these are:
- Council tax bill
- Consent for us to check our council tax records/electoral register/school records on your behalf
Photograph for the Blue Badge
This should be a recent passport-style photograph of the applicant. The photograph should show the applicants full face so that the holder can be easily identified and no one else should be in the photograph. The photograph will be placed on the back of the badge and will not be visible when the badge is being displayed in the vehicle. A photograph can be taken by one of our customer advisors at our Flintshire Connects centres.
Either of the following if under 64:
• Higher Rate Care Component of the Disability Living Allowance And, letter of diagnosis of cognitive impairment or letter of attendance to a memory clinic.
• Letter of diagnosis of cognitive impairment and/or letter of attendance to a memory clinic.
• Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - 12 Points Journey Planning.
If over 64, you will need a letter of diagnosis of cognitive impairment from a health professional and/or a letter of attendance to a memory clinic or similar.
An Independent Advisory service may be used to determine your eligibility for a Blue Badge if you are unable to provide the above evidence.
How do I provide these documents?