Summer of Fun Flintshire 0-4 year olds

The funding is available to eligible children to access play/childcare sessions running from 19 July 2021 to 29 August 2021 at CIW registered childcare providers within Flintshire.

These sessions can be accessed on weekdays or weekends, held during the day or in the evenings depending on the childcare provider to give eligible children an opportunity to engage in creative and/or physical activities, over the summer holiday weeks.  

Applications should only be made for children from Flintshire, birth to 4 years of age and siblings could be considered.

The Entitlement

A maximum of 10 hours per week for up to 6 weeks, any parent wishing for their child/ren to remain longer within the holiday care setting will be liable for the cost of any extra hours above the funded 10 hours.

Before completing the application form, please check with your childcare provider that they have registered with the Flintshire Summer of Fun to deliver this scheme and will have an available space for your child.
Without above information you will not be able to complete the application form.
Any queries please email or telephone 01352 703509 / 703931 / 703504.



Children who meet at least one of the criteria below:

  • Unemployed or economically inactive parents
  • Single parents
  • Children with additional learning needs
  • Children with an impairment
  • Children on the edge of care, looked after or adopted
  • Children who are refugee or asylum seeker
  • Children in child carer families
  • Experienced domestic abuse/violence
  • Low income or living in poverty (combined household income under £25k)
  • Limited opportunities to use their Welsh as they usually attend Welsh Medium setting
  • The child, or children, reside in Flintshire, aged birth to 4yrs, for the purposes of the Protocol a parent includes parents, guardians, kinship carers and foster carers or
  • The child, or children, reside in Flintshire, aged birth to 4yrs and have been assessed by the local authority as being vulnerable.

Parents will be required to submit evidence for whichever applies to their individual circumstances

  • For proof of child's age - Birth certificate or passport
  • For proof of residency- Council tax bill
  • Unemployed or economically inactive parents- all pages of their most recent Tax Credit Award Statement or three most recent months of Universal Credit from Inland Revenue
  • Two parent household but one unemployed or economically inactive - all pages of their most recent Tax Credit Award Statement or three most recent months of Universal Credit from Inland Revenue
  • Lone parent - Most recent Council tax bill
  • Low income or living in poverty (combined household income under £25k) - all pages of their most recent Tax Credit Award Statement or three most recent months of Universal Credit from Inland Revenue
  • Limited opportunities to use their Welsh as they usually attend Welsh Medium setting- a copy of contract/agreement between childcare provider and parent
  • Parents who are “subject to immigration control” as defined by Section 115(9) of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 are able to access the scheme provided they meet all other eligibility criteria - proof of their immigration status.

Children with additional support needs

If a child has an additional support need the parent should ‘X’ the box on the electronic Summer for Fun application, informing the child requires additional support. This will be reviewed by the Childcare Development team and discussed with the Childcare Provider. If this is not completed by the parent, and the childcare provider then feels there is an additional need, as would be normal practice, the childcare provider can contact the Childcare Development team directly.

Privacy Notice for the Early Years Team

How we use your personal information for Contact Centre purposes
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them.  Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services.  Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information in the Early Years Team and why we record calls.  This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice published at

Who we are, what we do
The Early Years is a team responsible for answering incoming telephone calls for The Childcare Offer, Childcare Development Team, Early Entitlement and the Westwood Centre.   All calls to Early Years Team are recorded with the exception of:
Calls where payments are made
Calls that leave the Early Years Team, i.e. transferred internally to departments as recording ceases at the point of transfer.

What and whose personal information we hold?
Where customers choose to interact with the Early Years Team their personal data may be shared with the relevant service area/and wider organisations if necessary in order for them to process the customer’s request.  Excluding Payment card details, all dialogue and information provided by the customer to the Westwood Centre (and vice versa) during a telephone call with the Early Years Team, is captured and held in the call recording.  The type of information that recordings will hold will vary by call but typically includes:

Contact detail such as name, address, telephone number, property and email addresses
Identifying details, including date of birth and national insurance number
Financial information, including employment, income, bank account details
Family information including ages, dependents, marital status
Information about the subject matters health and medical details.

Where does the service get my information?
The source(s) of personal information provided during a call to/from the Early Years Team may include:
Information provided directly by the subject matter
Information provided by another member of the public (e.g. complaint or concern)
Information provided by an elected Councillor on behalf of their constituent
Information provided by other Council officers/services that liaise with the Early Years Team in the interests of its customers, or the Council itself
Information provided by other organisations (e.g. Emergency Services, Landlords) regarding an individual.

What we will do with your personal information?
It has become common practice to record calls due to the growth of business conducted by telephone.  Recording customer conversations allows the Council to assess customer satisfaction, train and develop staff, review call quality, and have access to a verbal record of what is said in the event of a subsequent complaint.  It also means employees feel more protected knowing that any threatening behavior can be evidenced and acted upon where necessary.
Information held within a call recording can be used in the following ways:
Quality and Training Purposes - Written records only provide partial information.  A call recording provides a more rounded view and allows us to better understand customer experience and assess the processes applied.  This can help us identify any improvement areas and ensure the quality of service provided by Customer Contact Officers, by using the information within the recording to inform training subjects and individual employee development plans
Gaining a better understanding of our customers – Many calls are verbally resolved without the need to complete any records.  Listening to sample calls will help us better understand our customer needs, and gain a more informed view of organisations we signpost to.
Complaints and Disputes - Some calls are verbally resolved.  Where information is entered onto an electronic system this becomes the established record.  In the event of a complaint or dispute, a call recording (if available), may provide additional information to help us investigate any allegations, to  protect the interests of the subject matter and/or the Council by using the information within the recording to respond to complaints regarding the Contact Centre and/or other Council services.
Legal Claims - For use in the defence of legal claims against the Council.
Employee Safety and Wellbeing - A recording may become a vital piece of evidence in the event of any threats being made to the Council or an individual.

What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
The recording of calls protects the interest of the subject matter and the Council in meeting:-
Legal Obligations – using the information to comply with a common law or statutory obligation
Public Tasks – to exercise ‘official authority’ and powers that are set out in law; or to perform a specific task in the public interest that is set out in law.
Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
Whilst information gathered during a call may be shared with other Council services or external organisations to assist in the resolution of the subject matters enquiry, call recordings are confidential and will only be shared with the following, where reasons for sharing is justified:
Other Council services who work with the Contact Centre, with the intention to assist in resolving a dispute or complaint
Other organisations involved in the care of the subject matter (i.e. Social Services/Health care professionals etc)
How long will my information be kept?
Call recordings held by the Contact Centre are retained for 24 months.  Once this period of retention has expired, recordings will be deleted and no longer retrievable.
Your information, your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you important rights, including the right to access the personal information the services hold about you.
Click here for further information on your information rights and how to exercise them.
Contact Us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the Early Years Team is using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:
By email:
By telephone:  01352 703930
In writing: Early Years Project Support Officer, Tabernacle Street, Buckley, Flintshire CH7 2JT

I understand that Flintshire County Council may ask me to supply further information in order to make me a Summer of Fun offer. I understand that if I participate in the government-funded Summer of Fun I may be contacted by researchers appointed by the Welsh Government and information may be used as detailed above.

I have read and agree with the statements above and agree to the Data Protection statement.