Digital technology is now part of our lives – even more so since COVID-19. But there are still many residents who are digitally excluded and we intend to change that. We want to help residents to discover the wonders of digital technology, reassure them and allay any fears or trepidation.
Whether you are a complete novice and don’t know where to start or you just need a bit of advice, we are here to support and signpost you to the help you need. This could include:
- Accessing the internet and email – including how assistive technology can help people get online
- Keeping in touch with family and friends
- Learning about things that interest you
- Supporting friends, family or neighbours who are less digitally savvy
- Managing your money
- Registering for My Account or the Council’s email newsletters
See some of the events Theatr Clwyd has been running online:
Theatr Clwyd case studies
How can we support you?
There are a range of free services and support to help you get online or to help you get a friend or family member online. Browse this Hub to find out more, including:
- Digital volunteers – what are they?
- Where to find free learning and resources, including assistive technology and aids for people with disabilities/sensory/visual impairment
- Find local organisations who offer free access to computers, other devices and the internet
- Well-being resources – tap in to a world of information via Dewis Cymru and other websites
- Find out what events and activities are available online from local organisations such as Aura and Theatr Clwyd
- Digital Council – Council services you can access online
Staying safe online
Once you are online, it’s important that you ensure you stay safe – you can get advice on this from:
You can also get expert advice and guidance on your child’s online safety from:
Don’t know where to start? Then pop into your local Connects Centre or library – a member of our team will be more than happy to help you.