Self Isolation Support Payment
If you have been contacted by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP) and been told to self-isolate, you may be entitled to Financial Support.
You may also be entitled to a payment if you are instructed to self-isolate for a period starting on or after 1 February 2021 by the NHS Wales COVID-19 app.
Self-isolation payments are taxable. If you’re employed, you’ll pay tax on the payment if you go over your tax-free personal allowance. Your tax code will change to collect the tax. You will not pay National Insurance contributions on the payment. If you’re self-employed you must report the payment on your Self-Assessment tax return.
If you meet ALL of the eligibility criteria, you are entitled to an Isolation Payment of £750
Please note: for the period prior to 7 August 2021 the payment will be capped at £500.
- You have been told to self-isolate by:
- NHS Wales, Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP) on or after 7 August 2021 as an index case. From this date, only contact cases who are not fully vaccinated will be eligible
- Your child has been asked to self-isolate by TTP as a result of a positive case
- You have received notification from the NHS Covid-19 App because you have been in close contact with a positive case on or after 1 February 2021 and are then advised by TTP to Self-Isolate because you are not fully vaccinated. This needs to be evidenced on the TTP system
- You are employed or self-employed• You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result
- You or your partner are currently receiving at least one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
- You are not a young person for whom a parent or guardian receives Child Benefit
You may be eligible for a £750 Discretionary Payment for the period prior to 7 August 2021 the payment will be capped at £500.
If you meet all of the other eligibility criteria above, but:
- You or your partner Do Not currently receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
- You will face financial Hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self- isolating.
This application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual.
Please ensure that you have the information below available before starting your application:
- National Insurance Number
- Confirmation of the date given by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP
- Your most recent Bank Statement, wage slip or proof of self-employment
If you have the NHS Covid-19 app installed on your phone and are informed to self-isolate, as you may have been in contact with someone who tests positive for Covid 19, you may now also qualify for support. Please note this only applies if you are not fully vaccinated.
When should you apply for a payment?
If your self-isolation period starts before 1 February 2021 - you can apply up to 14 days after your period of isolation ends.
If your self-isolation period starts on or after 1 February 2021 - you can apply up to 21 days after.
We are not allowed to accept applications after these deadlines.
Care workers who are required to stay off work due to actual or suspected Covid-19 may be able to apply to the Welsh Government's Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) Enhancement scheme. That was launched on 1 November 2020 and will run until 30 September 2021. Guidance on that scheme is available on Welsh Government's web page: COVID-19 Guidance for Care Workers.
Please note: Care workers will not be able to apply for the isolation payment and sick pay schemes for the same period of isolation and will need to choose which payment to claim.
To make an application please click the link below:
Isolation Payment Form >>
For further information or assistance please send any enquires to:
Or visit the link below:
Covid-19-self-isolation-support scheme privacy notice