Self Isolation Support Payment
If you have been contacted by NHS Wales Test, Trace, protect service (TTP) and been told to self-isolate, you may be entitled to Financial Support.
You may also be entitled to a payment if you are instructed to self-isolate for a period starting on or after 1 February 2021 by the NHS Wales COVID-19 app.
If you meet ALL of the eligibility criteria, you are entitled to an Isolation Payment of £500
- You have received notification from the NHS Covid-19 App because you have been in close contact with a positive case on or after 1 February 2021
- You have been told to self-isolate by NHS Wales, Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP) on or after 23 October 2020
- You are employed or self-employed
- You cannot work from home and will lose income as a result
- You or your partner are currently receiving at least one of the following benefits: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
From 14th November 2020 eligibility is now extended to include parents and carers who meet the following criteria:
- The child attends a school or childcare setting up to and including Year 8 (or up to age 19 if the learner has multiple and complex needs);
- The child has been asked to self-isolate by TTP or has been asked to self-isolate for 10 days or more by the school or child-care setting as a result of an outbreak in a school, childcare or further education setting; and
- Parents or carers meet the criteria of the main scheme, namely:
- are employed or self-employed;
- are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result; and
- (the applicant or their partner) are currently receiving, Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.; or
- The application is accepted under the discretionary scheme.
You may be eligible for a £500 Discretionary Payment if you meet all of the other eligibility criteria above, but:
- You or your partner do not currently receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit
- You will face financial Hardship as a result of not being able to work while you are self- isolating.
This application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual
Please ensure that you have the information below available before starting your application
- National Insurance Number
- Confirmation of the date given by NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service (TTP)
- Your most recent Bank Statement, wage slip or proof of self-employment
Extra evidence needed from those told to self-isolate by the NHS Wales Covid-19 app
If you have the NHS Covid-19 app installed on your phone and are informed to self-isolate, as you may have been in contact with someone who tests positive for Covid 19, you may now also qualify for support.
Note if you are informed via an app notification, you must provide the screenshot shown below. If you are unable or don’t provide this screenshot, your application will not be considered. You will also need to provide written confirmation from your employer that you did not work during this period and your earnings reduced as a result. If you are self-employed, you will have to provide a statement to this effect.
When should you apply for a payment?
If your self-isolation period starts before 1 February 2021 - you can apply up to 14 days after your period of isolation ends.
If your self-isolation period starts on or after 1 February 2021 - you can apply up to 21 days after your period of isolation ends. More time has been allowed for you to claim from this date as you may need to provide additional information in support of your application.
We are not allowed to accept applications after these deadlines.
Care workers who are required to stay off work due to actual or suspected Covid-19 may be able to apply to the Welsh Government's Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) Enhancement scheme. That was launched on 1 November 2020 and will run until 31 March 2021. Guidance on that scheme is available on Welsh Government's web page: COVID-19 Guidance for Care Workers.
Please note: Care workers will not be able to apply for the isolation payment and sick pay schemes for the same period of isolation and will need to choose which payment to claim.
To make an application please click the link below:
Isolation Payment Form >>
For further information or assistance please send any enquires to:
Or visit the link below:
Covid-19-self-isolation-support scheme privacy notice