Alert Section

Housing Solutions

If you want to apply for social housing or are at risk of becoming homeless, Housing Solutions can help you.  Housing Solutions is responsible for the central Housing Register (housing list) shared by Flintshire County Council and all local Housing Associations.  This makes the application process easier as it means that you may be considered for all available social housing in Flintshire.  

There are a number of options available depending on your current circumstances and you are encouraged to read the following information before contacting Housing Solutions.

I am homeless / threatened with homelessness

Housing Solutions aim to prevent you from becoming homeless, the team will do everything they can to help you remain in your home.  There are various reasons why a person may be homeless or threatened with homelessness, and further advice and guidance can be found within the homeless page.  

It is important that you contact Housing Solutions on 01352 703777 or visit your nearest Flintshire Connects office at the earliest opportunity.

Applying for Social Housing in Flintshire

Flintshire Housing Solutions
Flintshire Housing Solutions has been set up to make it easier to apply for Social Housing in Flintshire.  Flintshire Housing Solutions is a partnership project involving your local Council and all local Housing Associations: Flintshire County Council and all local Housing Associations; Grwp Cynefin; Clwyd Alyn and Wales & West Housing.

New Flintshire Housing Register 
From April 2015 there is one Housing Register (one housing list) shared by Flintshire County Council and all local Housing Associations.  This means applicants now have one point of contact and one application process to be considered for all available social housing in Flintshire.

To find out if you are eligible to go on the Housing Register you will need to complete a Housing Triage Assessment. To do this please call 01352 703777 or visit your nearest Flintshire Connects Office.

It doesn't appear that I have a recognised housing need.  What can i do?

Have you considered private rented properties?  Some Estate Agents offer a 'rental / letting' service and you are encouraged to take a look at what's an offer.  Alternatively, you can view properties on sites like Rightmove.  If you are put off by the deposit you are expected to pay with private rental properties, don't be, as you may be eligible to apply for the Bond Scheme.  Housing Solutions may also be able to provide you with advice and guidance on how to budget your finances.  Please contact the Team on 01352 703777.

Flintshire Housing offers information about rented and affordable accommodation in Flintshire and aims to help those looking for a home, make choices about the most suitable option for them.  It also offers landlords the opportunity to advertise their properties and provides information about required accommodation standards, accreditation options and other issues. 

Tai Teg
Tai Teg is a register of people interested in renting a home (intermediate rent) or purchasing a property to own, but who cannot currently afford to rent or buy outright on the open market.

I want to get on the property ladder

Affordable Housing
The Council supports a low cost home ownership scheme, which enables people currently priced out of the housing market to own a home of their own.  The scheme is administered on behalf of the Council by Grwp Cynefin.  It is based on the principle of equity share and helps first time buyers into home ownership.  For more information about the schemes available, please visit Affordable Housing.  

I am a housing tenant and I would like a transfer

Existing Council and Housing Association tenants who want to move can apply for an exchange or transfer.  You can use the HomeSwapper website to find a suitable exchange either in Flintshire or elsewhere. 

Registration is free for Flintshire County Council and most Housing Association tenants.  You can choose to be advised of suitable matches by text, email or letter - whichever suits you.

I am elderly and require 'extra care housing'

Extra Care Housing is for older people and provides state of the art supported accommodation to help people to live independently for as long as they possibly can.

The Council also offers 'sheltered housing' accommodation.  To apply for one of these properties, you must have a recognised housing need as set out in the banding scheme.  For further information, contact our Housing Solutions on 01352 703777.