Blue badge scheme
Parking badges for people with disabilities
The Blue Badge Scheme is designed to give registered blind people and those who are unable or virtually unable to walk the ability to park close to the facilities and services they need to use, so as to improve their lifestyle, independence and freedom of choice.
You can apply for a Blue Badge online at GOV.uk (new window)
Who can have a badge?
Under the current regulations governing the scheme badges may be automatically issued to disabled people if they:
- receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance ("help with getting about")
- are registered blind
- use cars supplied by a Government Department or receive a Government grant towards their own vehicles.
- Receive a War Pensioners Mobility Supplement.
Other people may have a badge if their disability is;
- permanent and substantial and makes them unable or virtually unable to walk.
How to apply for a badge
- You can apply for a Blue Badge online at GOV.uk (new window)
- If you feel that you qualify for a badge please contact us by telephoning 01352 701304 or write to us at:
Social Services for Adults, County Hall, Mold, CH7 6NN
- You can submit an enquiry (will open an e-form) or fax 01352 701499
The decision whether or not to issue a badge rests solely with Flintshire County Council.
Please Note that the rules for issuing badges are different in Wales from those in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.