Household waste recycling centres
8 Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) are open to householders in Flintshire to dispose of their own waste. In addition 23 local recycling bring sites (PDF 583Kb new window) offer a variety of recycling facilities.
Opening times and locations
All HWRCs are open seven days a week throughout the year including weekends and bank holidays. They only close on Christmas Day.
Winter: 1st October to 31st March (8am to 6pm) (Saltney 9am to 5pm)
Summer: 1st April to 30th September (8am to 8pm) (Saltney 9am to 5pm)
- Buckley - Globe Way, Buckley CH7 3LY | Map (new window)
- Connah’s Quay - Dock Road, Connah’s Quay CH5 4DS | Map (new window)
- Flint - Castle Industrial Estate, Flint CH6 5XA | Map (new window)
- Greenfield - Greenfield Business Park No2, Greenfield CH8 7GJ | Map (new window)
- Hope - Pigeon House Lane, Hope LL12 9RE | Map (new window)
- Mold - Nercwys Road, Nercwys, Mold CH7 4ED | Map (new window)
- Queensferry - Chester Road East, Queensferry CH5 1TD | Map (new window)
- Saltney - Sandy Lane, Saltney CH4 8UB | Map (new window)
List of materials accepted (PDF 1.2Mb new window) at the various HWRCs. Business waste is not accepted.
We operate a permit system to restrict the types of vehicles allowed to use HWRCs in Flintshire. Any Flintshire resident wishing to take their household waste to a HWRC in a commercial vehicle / van etc or twin axle trailer will need to apply for a vehicle permit.
Are there any specific HWRCs that are better for disabled persons to use?
The site at Greenfield is best as it does not have steps at all - all other sites do.
Will the staff at the HWRC assist disabled users to take waste from their vehicles and put it into the skips on the site?
We operate a meet and greet service; if someone is having difficulties they would be assisted.
Don’t forget, if you are in receipt of certain benefits e.g. Disability Living Allowance (DLA) we collect bulky items free of charge from your home.
Waste left outside the gates is regarded as fly tipping. Individuals caught will be liable for prosecution.
Questions should be put to Flintshire County Council’s Recycling Team and not the HWRCs staff (telephone 01352 701234). Submit an enquiry for this service (will open an e-form)