- Advice and information - planning applications
- Comment on a planning application
- Design and access statements
- Find a planning application
- Flintshire Unitary Development Plan (FUDP)
- High hedge complaints
- Householder planning permission
- How to contact us
- Planning Committee
- Planning appeals
- Planning application fees
- Planning application forms
- Planning enforcement
- Planning guidance notes
- Planning policy
- Pre application discussion and advice
- Purchase a location/ block plan
Submit an application online (Planning Portal)
Flintshire County Council accepts applications made online through the Planning Portal. The Planning Portal is the UK Government's online planning and building regulations resource for England and Wales. The Portal submission service is free to use and enables you to create and submit your application electronically.
You will need to provide a few details before you can log in to start your online application, however, once you have done this you will be able to log in and out whenever you like. This also enables you to save and return to your application at a later date.
The following applications can be made via the Portal:
- Householder applications
- Applications for full planning permission
- Applications for outline permission
- Applications for reserved matters and removal or variation of conditions
- Conservation area consent (only), listed building consent (only) and with advertisement consent
- Advertisement consent (only)
- Trees and hedgerows
- Lawful development certificate applications
- Proposed agricultural development
- Prior notification for Telecommunications
- Prior notification for proposed demolition
Minerals applications cannot be applied for using the Planning Portal. Please contact the Minerals and Waste section to obtain minerals application forms, advice and guidance. Telephone: 01352 703293
The Portal site gives assistance in selecting the correct application form(s) and ownership certificates and allows you to fill them in online. Please note: if an agent/architect is named on the application form, all correspondence will go to them.
You can attach electronic drawings, documents and supporting information to support your application. If all or some of your documents are only available as paper copies you can choose to send them separately by post whilst still submitting the form online. This paperless submission system saves the applicant money and helps the environment.
The Portal site enables you to create an electronic plan to submit with your online application. The Portal charge a fee for this service, which can be paid online. (Currently location and block plans can only be obtained in paper format from our Geographic Information Team.)
Planning Application Requirements (PARs)
This is a list of the information and supporting documentation required in order to validate your application. These comprise a national list of statutory requirements and a local list of additional information that the Local Authority can require.
Before submitting your application, please refer to the checklist of Planning Application Requirements (PDF.doc 289.80KB new window) which apply to your chosen form. Your application can be declared invalid if you do not submit the correct information.
The Portal also provides a fee calculator to assist you by working out the cost of the application. Please note that you are not currently able to make your payment online via the Planning Portal. However, you can send us a cheque or pay the fee by Credit/Debit card over the phone. Please call Environment Reception for further information on 01352 703228.
To make an application using the Planning Portal website please pick from the following so we can direct you to the appropriate information:
- I am a member of the public (new window)
- I am a Professional user (e.g. planning agent) (new window)
Dealing with your application
An application submitted online is processed and dealt with by the Planning Service in the same way as those received by hand or post. You will see a message confirming the application has been submitted to Flintshire County Council and you should receive an acknowledgement letter within 10 working days.