- Advice and information - planning applications
- Comment on a planning application
- Design and access statements
- Find a planning application
- Flintshire Unitary Development Plan (FUDP)
- High hedge complaints
- Householder planning permission
- How to contact us
- Planning Committee
- Planning appeals
- Planning application fees
- Planning enforcement
- Planning guidance notes
- Planning policy
- Pre application discussion and advice
- Purchase a location/ block plan
- Submit an application online (Planning Portal)
Planning application forms
On this page you will find all the planning application forms.
A standard planning application form has replaced all existing types of planning applications (except minerals) within Wales. The form is called 1APP and will remove the differences in application forms by ensuring the same information will be required for comparable applications by every local planning authority. 1APP is the only legal way of submitting a planning application within Wales.
The most simple way to complete the 1APP form is online through the Planning Portal. You can complete the form online and attach your supporting documents or you can just complete the form online, sending the remaining information to us separately. Find out how to apply online.
However, you can download copies below if you prefer to complete them by hand. Then post/deliver them to the address at the top of the form.
Before submitting your application, please refer to the checklist of Planning Application Requirements (PDF 290KB new window) which apply to your chosen form. This is a list of the information and supporting documentation required in order to validate your application. Your application can be declared invalid if you do not submit the correct information.
As part of your application you will need to pay the correct fee. A list of fees is provided along with details of how and when to submit your payment.
Please note: The forms below are not designed to be completed electronically. If you wish to do this please use the Planning Portal where you can complete forms online, save them then choose to print and post or submit online.
Notice to owners
Notice 1 (PDF 116KB new window) – is to be printed and served on individuals if Certificate B or C is completed.
Notice 2 (PDF 116KB new window) – is for publication in a local newspaper if Certificate C or D is completed.
3. Householder application for planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling and listed building consent for alterations, extension or demolition of a listed building (PDF 552Kb new window) - Guidance Note 3 (PDF 66KB new window)
Applications for full planning permission
Applications for outline permission
Applications for reserved matters and removal or variation of conditions
25 and 26. Application for removal or variation of a condition following grant of planning permission (PDF 478KB new window) – Guidance Note 25 and 26 (PDF 35KB new window)
27. Application for approval of details reserved by condition (PDF 462KB new window) – Guidance Note 27 (PDF 20KB new window)
Conservation area consent (only), listed building consent (only) and with advertisement consent
13. Application for consent to display an advertisement and Application for listed building consent - Not currently available (under review)
32. Application for listed building consent for alterations, extensions or demolition of a listed building and consent to display an advertisement(s) - Not currently available (under review)
Advertisement consent (only)
Trees and hedgerows
31. Application for tree works: Works to Trees Subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) and/or Notification of Proposed Works to Trees in Conservation Areas (CA) (PDF 476KB new window) – Guidance Note 31 (PDF 137KB new window)
Lawful development certificate applications
14. Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for an Existing use or operation or activity including those in breach of a planning condition (PDF 538KB new window) – Guidance Note 14 (PDF 40KB new window)
Proposed agricultural development
Other application types
20. Application form for prior notification of proposed development in respect of permitted development by telecommunications code systems operators (PDF 464KB new window) – Guidance Note 20 (PDF 25KB new window)
Please contact the Minerals and Waste section to obtain minerals application forms, advice and guidance. Telephone: 01352 703293.
To view PDF documents you need Acrobat Reader which can be obtained free of charge from Adobe.com (new window)
* Planning permission alone does not grant you consent for works to Listed Buildings, buildings within Conservation Areas or works to trees which are subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO). Please ensure you choose the form which covers all the consents you require. Whether or not your building project requires planning permission you may still need to comply with Building Regulations. Further information is available on types of planning permission and other kinds of approval.
If you are unsure which form you need or you require help when completing forms please ring 01352 703234 for advice.