- Advice and information - planning applications
- Comment on a planning application
- Design and access statements
- Find a planning application
- Flintshire Unitary Development Plan (FUDP)
- High hedge complaints
- Householder planning permission
- How to contact us
- Planning Committee
- Planning appeals
- Planning application fees
- Planning application forms
- Planning enforcement
- Planning guidance notes
- Pre application discussion and advice
- Purchase a location/ block plan
- Submit an application online (Planning Portal)
The Planning Policy Team is responsible for producing and implementing an important statement of Council policy: the statutory development plan for the County. This identifies sites where new housing, employment and other development can take place, as well as setting out policies to protect important countryside, habitats, resources and heritage.
The Policy Team also provide advice and guidance on the acceptability of development proposals in relation to development plan policies. The Policy Team are a key partner in the preparation of the Joint Housing Land Availability Study for the County which is published by the Welsh Government.
The Policy Team are also involved with many strategic areas of work within the Council, including the Economic Development and Regeneration Strategy, the Community Strategy, Access to services, Sustainable Development, and consultation and engagement.
The Planning Policy Team comprises:
Head of Planning Policy:
Technical Support Officers:
You can contact the team in the following ways:
Helpline: 01352 703212
Fax: 01352 756444
Submit an online enquiry to this service(will open an e-form)
Write: Planning Policy, Environment Directorate, Flintshire County Council, County Hall, Mold, Flintshire, CH7 6NF.